SA Confirms The Third Case Of Coronavirus

SA Confirms The Third Case Of Coronavirus

The person who tested positive is the wife of the KZN man who has the first tested positive. The department of health confirmed that on  Sunday. The couple were part of 10 who had travelled to Italy recently and along with the women from Gauteng are the only three confirmed cases in the country so far.

The couples children have tested negative but have been placed in self-isolation until their parent test is negative.

Also Read: Breaking News: First Case Of Coronavirus Discovered In SA

Dr Zweli Mkhize released a statement yesterday “this morning we received the result of direct contact of the first patient, his wife. She had travelled with him to Italy as part of the group of 10. I now announce to the public that she tested positive for COVID-19 and therefore the third confirmed case in South Africa”.

The women is 38 years old. The department of health said they have traced all ten individual who has travelled to Italy. Nine of them have returned to South Africa while the last one has not. Meanwhile, the department is expecting the test result of the other six patients.

Read Also: Coronavirus Quarantine Hotel In China Collapsed, Leaves 6 Dead

“We expect the result of the other six members from that group who have travelled to Italy within the next 48 hours. It is important to the public, the couple’s children were tested and the result come out negative. They will be tested again to ensure that they remain negative. Until then they will be regarded as potential effected. This means they will continue not to attend school. This is an effort to curb the risk of spread to other children and teachers. ” said the minister.

Mkhize confirmed that the patient is responding very well to treatment.

There have been over 107 000 infections across the world, with 3 652 deaths. Over 60 000 have fully recovered, with 42 800 active cases at the moment.

Pay Attention To:

The Queen “Goodness” Zenande Mfenyane Not Happy About The Abuse From Experienced Actors

The New Drama The Omen Has Dropped 5 Former Muvhango Actors   

Zahara Said Sex Is The Last Thing On Her Mind As She Marries The Pastor

Watch Full Video: Isibaya Actors Sends Farewell Message To Thandeka “Nomzamo Mbatha”

Gossiphotspot brings you the latest celebrity gossip, trends and so forth that is taking place in means. please do comment and let us know your thoughts. Gossiphotspot will keep you updated and entertained all the time. Stay tuned to Gossiphotspot and also visit our YouTube Channel for unlimited entertainment.

Related Articles

Back to top button
gossip + hotspot

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker